Cheese scones are a real treat on any day. This version is super easy and super cheesy!
- 225g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 60g butter (cut into cubes/small pieces)
- Pinch of cayenne (or slightly more if you want a bit of a kick)
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp mustard (you can use dried mustard or mustard from a jar)
- 250g cheese (grated or chopped) plus a little for the topping.
- Small amount of milk (to make a dough and for glazing)
Mix the flour, cayenne, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
Add the butter and rub into the flour mix until you get a breadcrumb consistency.
Add the cheese and mustard.
Add a dash of milk. You just need enough to make a dough.
Roll the dough so that it’s about 2cm thick.
Cut out circles using a biscuit/scone cutter, and transfer to greased baking tray.
Brush milk over top of scones and sprinkle extra cheese over scones.
Bake in the oven at 180° for 10 – 15 minutes, or until the scones are a golden colour on top, and cooked through.
Serve warm with butter. Enjoy!