You don’t need meat or dairy in this tasty vegan curry which is not only easy to make but also low in fat. The ingredients are easy to find in any supermarket, even during this time of disrupted supplies to the UK
Ingredients for vegan curry (serves 4)
1 large butternut squash
2 red or green peppers
2 tbsp medium curry powder
200 ml reduced fat coconut milk*
400ml vegetable stock
250g basmati rice
3 tbsp of chopped coriander
- Chop the onion. Peel the butternut squash, deseed and chop into chunks. Cube the peppers.
- Stir fry squash, onion and peppers with curry powder for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and stock and bring to the boil.
- Simmer and cook for 25 minutes or until the butternut squash is tender.
- Boil rice.
- Chop Coriander and stir through.
*Other vegan milks can substituted for the coconut milk if not available.
This recipe is freezable
You might also like this vegetarian lasagne.