I once made this recipe for a friend who came to visit (actually the non-veggie version). He had driven many miles on a motorbike from the south on a crazy wild and wet night. The food went down pretty well! I know it’s a but late for winter warmer food but hey, this is England.
It is a fairly easy and tasty dish that you can prepare in advance and then just pop in the oven when you are ready. You can easily change it to be a vegan recipe too!
- Around 8 – 12 veggie sausages (chilled or frozen)
- Either gravy mix or tinned tomatoes
- A couple of onions
- Butter (or dairy/non-dairy spread)
- Oil for frying
- Salt and pepper
- A few tomatoes to go on the top
- Cook the sausages either in a frying pan or oven until they are cooked through but no too overdone
- While the sausages are cooking, chop and fry the onions
- Peel, chop and boil the potatoes
- Chop the sausages and add to a baking dish with the fried onions
- Pout either gravy mix or tinned tomatoes over the sausage and onion mix
- Mash potatoes and place over the sausage mix
- Smooth out with a fork
- Chop tomatoes and arrange over the top
- Bake in a medium oven till cooked through (50- 80 mins)
Why not send us one of your favourite recipes? Email email@example.com
Please follow us on social media, subscribe to our newsletter or support us by donating.